Pages

Friday, March 15, 2019

responding to tragedy

Last night, evil touched New Zealand through a shooting at two mosques.

What do we do about these tragedies?

For me, they need immediate prayer to help resolve what they are facing. First responders and leaders need to know what to do to best help the people harmed in this situation. Our prayers do make a difference, so lift them up to the Lord.

Next, the people who have lost someone need God's love to surround them today and going forward in the future. They need comfort and peace. I can't necessarily touch them directly, but I can pray that God will impact their lives and show Himself on their behalf.

Lastly, leaders need to know if there is a need for response. Most often a call for gun resolution follows, but is that truly the best path? Our leaders need wisdom to know if that is the best course of action. What can happen that will truly help curb crime?

For me, the answer lies not in legislation, but in turning back to the morals of the Bible.




"Who stood up for me against the wicked? Who took my side against evil workers? If God hadn't been there for me, I never would have made it. The minute I said, "I'm slipping, I'm falling," your love, God, took hold and held me fast. When I was upset and beside myself, you calmed me down and cheered me up." Psalm 94:19 Msg.


No comments:

Post a Comment