Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

mommy- and daddy-to-be

Yep, it's true. I'm a mommy-to-be and Erik's a daddy-to-be. And yes, it's also true that I can't quite wrap my head around it! I've started to think of what it will be like to have a little baby around the house when I'm working, and it's pretty exciting to think about, but for the past 16 1/2 years, I've been giving the babies back to the parents and going on with life! Now everyone who holds my baby will be giving him/her back to me at the end of the day (or whenever they cry!).

Crazy!

But Erik and I are super excited. I read somewhere recently on a blog what mothers would tell themselves before motherhood if they could go back to when they were pregnant. One was "trust your instincts." Another one was "You're going to love this." And I'm taking that motto with me. I know Erik and I are going to love being parents. I also know that all those crazy details that are flying through my head (or will soon fly through my head) are all going to be taken care of. I think of Philippians chapter 4 where it says that we don't have to worry about anything, but instead we can pray about it and then let God handle the situation. Or as Proverbs 3:5 says, "Trust God from the bottom of your heart."

Yep, as a mother-to-be and as a mother, that's what I'm going to do: look to God for the peace that passes any understanding I can have ever have and know that He'll remind of and show me all I need to know right when I need to know it.

Such a wonderful thing.

P.S. Thanks for all the wonderful wishes to me and Erik on the pregnancy! :)


----
12 weeks
current due date: 4-2-11
----

3 comments:

  1. congratulations! :) you are going to be SUCH a great mommma! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blogging. You and Erik will be great parents. You will call your mom a lot. Sum calls me.
    I called Grandma Carol. Your mom and I wrote letters to each other when we were in the child rearing days. It was fun to have someone to share things with. We were grossed out by finding poop under our fingernails - diapers and such. Babies don't come with a manual - you just take it one day at a time. Good thing we know the Maker...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, I just found your blog from Facebook. Congratulations! Being a mommy is the absolute best thing in the world! It's amazing! One thing I would tell myself is "Pay attention to every detail. Cherish them because it goes by SO fast!" People say that it goes fast but I feel like the past nine months have flashed by in days. It really really feels like yesterday when my little peanut would fit on my lap and sleep and cuddle and now he's walking around and has 4 teeth! Soak up the moments, every moment! It's going to be so fun! :D

    ReplyDelete