So I heard this at a work meeting this past week (credit to Pastor Brian Sullivan) and really liked it. He was talking about time management and how one of the first steps toward time management is having a mission statement for your life and a set of core values you live by. He used Jesus' life as an example, and I think it's a very good way to live our lives too.
Jesus' mission statement
"For the Son of Man came to seek and save that which was lost." Luke 19:10
Jesus' core values
1. Do the right things for the right reasons (Matt. 6:1-8)
2. Pray God's agenda, not your own (Matt. 6:9-13)
3. Relationships will make or break you (Matt. 6:14-15)
4. Prioritize eternal things, not temporal things (Matt. 6:19-24)
5. Don't sweat the small stuff (Matt. 6:25-31)
6. God's kingdom is paramount; seek it (Matt. 6:32-33)
7. Judge yourself before you judge others (Matt. 7:16)
8. If you need something, ask; if you have something, give it (Matt. 7:7-12)
9. Stay true to your convictions; don't wander from the narrow path (Matt. 7:13-20)
10. Obedience to God is the only sure foundation for life (Matt. 7:21-27)
Good stuff. I definitely want to keep this mission and these values a priority in my life as well.