Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

prayer

Hi everyone,
It's been a while since I posted. I know you've all been on pins and needles just waiting for me to speak (just kidding!)... so here I am. :)

It's been an up and down month. Erik and I have been fasting meats and veggies... not extremely fun, but definitely good for us! Tonight was our break the fast night (although yes, we were a little flexible this past weekend given everything that went on) and we had fun - date night with flowers (yay for a wonderful hubby!), dinner at Red Robin, and movie. We saw Tooth Fairy - a pretty decent family movie. Kinda silly since it's all about the tooth fairy, but fun. :)

My family and I are doing okay. Cristina's birthday was 1/22 and that was emotional, but she has a good support system in place to help bring a spark in her day. All of us definitely have had our moments of missing Brian; it's fun to remember him as we do things he liked.

I do have a prayer request. I mentioned some of Erik's health issues a little while ago. He's been through the first medicine option for his heart and it seems like it fixed the heart part, but did have some side effects. We just started a second medicine option and we believe it will fix the heart things as well, but with limited side effects. I'll keep you posted as we find out results.

My prayer request is for strength for Erik and more than anything, hope. He's been bombarded with physical symptoms and sicknesses over and over, new ways, different things, and he's getting tired because nothing seems to be going away and everything is piling on top of each other. It's hard to watch and I don't know how to help. I'd appreciate prayers for grace, wisdom, and hope to make it through this season and see God's victory of healing manifest in Erik's life.

Thanks. I appreciate it. This is where it's nice to have a blog because I can write out the truth and be reminded of the reality of it: God is good. He is faithful. His healing power is a reality. Erik and his family were prayed over by a great evangelist this past weekend and I fully believe God is working to restore their bodies. God's not going to leave us in the dark on how to access Him. He will provide each step of the way. I know He is with us. I don't always "feel" him, but that doesn't matter. He is still here, present, working in our lives.

I do love Him. Jesus, you are my hope, my life, my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment