Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

a bowl of marshmallows is too sweet

Although some may not want to admit it, we all have them: people in our lives who frustrate us, make us mad, don't make sense to our perfectly logical way of thinking, and overall just don't mix well with our personality.

The other day I was dealing with a few of those people and was reminded that God loves them just as much as He loves me. He thinks they are awesome, loved, amazing. He created their personality (as much as it may not seem to blend with mine). They have a purpose on this earth, just as I do.

My little mind can't wrap itself around that truth, but I know it's a reality. Then I remembered the cereal Lucky Charms. Everyone's favorite part of Lucky Charms seems to be those sugary puffs of marshmallow goodness. Isn't is great to pick those out and eat them on their own?

The only problem is that if you want to have a complete bowl of cereal for breakfast, you would be sugared out with a bowl of marshmallows. The crunchy cereal part is needed to balance out the sweetness of the marshmallows.

People are the same way. We need all types of people to make this world work. We all are friends with different people and each one of us has a unique purpose and reason on this earth, without which the plan of God wouldn't be complete. If the world was filled with one type of personality, we would be overloaded with too much sugar or too much crunch. We need variety to be the "spice of life."

So that's what I've been pondering recently. The people who frustrate me are loved by God and needed on this earth. Their perspective is just as important as mine and I need to learn to love - even like! - and appreciate them like God does.



No comments:

Post a Comment