Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

contrary to popular belief... it is possible

Brayden is sleeping right now, so I should be sleeping too, but I have the urge to write! So while he is ...

... I will write.

Somehow I became subscribed to a pregnancy/baby magazine that has come monthly over the past few months. I probably signed up to get it for free, but I don't remember! All I know is that I'm not paying for it.

The last issue had an article that disturbed me, although I know it's true. It said that more and more couples are having babies before getting married. I don't like that because I'm a traditional Christian who believes that the Bible way to do life is to save intimacy for marriage.

I'm also disturbed by the amount of people I know who are having babies and not married. Now I'm not judging or condemning you if that's the case. I have no idea what's going on in your life, the back story, or anything at all. I'm not writing this to you. I'm writing to the teenagers who are interested in waiting until marriage but assume it's not possible based on the world they live in.

Well, I want to let you know that it is possible. You can control your desires and meet someone who respects you enough to control their desires and wait until marriage to be intimate.

I know the world has gotten even more corrupt in the past 10 years since I was a teen, but I also know that you can protect your heart by controlling the things you hear and see and what you think about and focus more on purity than fulfilling every desire you have physically.

Marriage provides a safe boundary. Within that, intimacy is a beautiful thing, and it is filled with joy because commitment protects your love. That doesn't happen outside of marriage, no matter how much you think he or she loves you.

Granted, the whole commitment within marriage thing is being tested beyond belief as divorce rates soar, but that's something for another blog post. I just wanted to say... if you are single and you want to wait until you get married, it is possible and it is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment