Pages

Friday, August 18, 2017

parenting hack for kids' confidence

On June 5, 2017, our family expanded from four to five. That means it's me, my hubby, my two little boys (5/3) and a new baby girl. The boys love her.

I'm learning to let go of any perfection ideas I have and let the boys enjoy her too. For me, that means letting them dress her, and yes, even when it's mismatched, I let them have their way (unless we're going out and it's a really bad clash!).

Recently, I asked Brayden to get socks and he claims he couldn't find any, so he got these instead. "These" were tights. Yes, it is summer here, but we were inside and he had done a good job doing what I asked, so yep, she wore tights around the house that day! I did explain that in public she'd need a skirt or something over them since they go under that type of thing, but that doesn't matter when the boys help.

So the hack for today... whenever you can, let the kids decide things, even if it goes against "adult" protocol. :-)

Brie with her tights... and she was tired!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome moment! Yes, letting your kids make as many "guided" decisions as possible prepares them to make decisions in life. When a little boy's mom makes all the decisions for him he grows up to be a "momma's boy" and one pities the woman he marries! Proud of you for teaching your sons to be independent thinkers!

    ReplyDelete