Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas letter 2009

"It was the best of times; it was the worst of times...."

Looking back on 2009, that phrase seems only the best way to describe it. We will never forget 2009 for two big reasons: our wedding and my brother's passing. It's definitely been an emotional year.

Erik and I absolutely loved our destination wedding on March 8. We were married on the beach in Naples, Florida and then held a big party back in MN to celebrate with our family and friends. It was an absolute dream!

I love that my brother got to see us get married. Brian wound up going home to meet Jesus on October 5 after a well-fought battle against cancer. He was an amazing, admired man and is dearly missed. His life will encourage us (and many others) to live right before God for many years to come.

On the day-to-day side of things, Erik continues to be a rehab technician for Reliable Medical company. He's daily bringing stories, hope, and a smile to a bunch of patients around the city who need his help getting a new wheelchair or getting their chair fixed. I continue to work full-time as a writer for Living Word Christian Center. I love working with words every day... and I realize that sounds totally nerdy to say!

Other news of the year... we got a puppy! Tucker is a chocolate lab and English springer spaniel. He's SUPER hyper, but only when people are around. He stays around with me (Laura) at home, since I work from home, and is relatively chilled out then.

We appreciate all of our friends and relatives; we're especially thankful for their strong support during an emotional year. All God's best and blessings to you during this Christmas season and the new year. We love you.

Erik, Laura, and Tucker Wegener :)

No comments:

Post a Comment