Pages

Friday, December 18, 2009

just checking in

Hey everyone!

It's Friday and I'm making some lunch so I thought I'd write a quick note hello before time gets away from me. :) My family and I are doing well. I miss Brian. I was reminded of him a lot last weekend. We played an expanded version of Settlers of Catan, a game Brian just loved, and I knew he would have loved the extended version too. Erik said we could play the game with him in heaven. :) Yay!

My parents are down in Florida and will bring back Cristina and the girls on Sunday. They'll be back for the holidays - I'm very very excited to see them and spend time with them. From what mom and dad have said, it hasn't been easy being with the five of them but not having Brian there. We decided we are all going to be together on New Year's day - Brian's birthday. And we're going to think of something super fun for us all to do... still to be determined. Erik and I came up with a lot of good ideas, but they were all food related... heheh hehe... that made me laugh. :)

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers during the holidays. I greatly appreciate it. It's not easy, but time does help heal and God helps you adjust. We still have lots of questions and aren't sure exactly what the future will look like, but it will be okay because God is with us.

We probably won't get a Christmas card out this year, and I'm not sure that my parents or Cristina will, so we'll probably wind up sending you lots of love via our respective blogs. Know that we do love you and pray that you will have a wonderful Christmas season. These next two weeks are really the most wonderful time of the year - family, fun, friends, vacation, etc. I'm looking forward to them.

Blessings on your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment