Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

today's top 5 (5/25)

Today's top five things I'm thankful for...

1. My house is still standing. I wasn't near the tornadoes that hit, but I know people affected by the storms. I've seen pictures, and I can't imagine my house and belongings being damaged or gone within moments. In an odd way, it reminds me about the fact that life can change in an instant, as my life has time and again. It also reminds me of the rapture. I was reading Matthew 24-25 last night and this morning because of the recent world events... the predicted rapture, the numerous storms, the crazy lack of morality, and the Israel-related world affairs. These two chapters in Matthew are about the end of the world and the day that Jesus will return and when the rapture will really happen (no one knows...). In an instant - when people aren't prepared - life will change when the rapture happens. I'm reminded I need to be wise and ready at all times.


2. The Bible. God left us a whole book to help guide us through life. It's a book that has lasted for generations upon generations. Every time I read it, something helps me in my life decisions. That's the same thing people have been saying for how many thousands of years now... that's awesome crazy!

3. Vacation. Memorial Day is Monday and that means a day off from work. What are you doing with your day off? Vacation of any kind rocks.

4. My puppy. I could tell you story after story and show you picture after picture of why Tucker makes me laugh so much and smile throughout the day. He's got lots of personality, and he always makes Erik and I smile.

5. Gardens. We don't have a garden, but we did plant herbs and vegetables outside. Fun to be able to grow our own food, even if it's just a few plants!

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment