Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

giants don't own the land... i do

This morning the devo in the Life Application Study Bible was this:

Psalm 13:5-6: "But I trust in your unfailing love. I will rejoice because you have rescued me."
"David was faithful to God and trusted wholeheartedly in him, but he felt the pressure of his problems as much as anyone. Instead of giving up or giving in, however, David held on to his faith. In times of despair, it is much harder to hold on than to give up. But if you give up on God, you give in to a life of despair."

It reminded me of what I was pondering last night. God told the Israelites that the Promised Land was their land. The problem was that giants and huge walled cities and a bunch of enemies who had no intention of giving up their land were currently living in that same land.

The Israelites had to fight to see the promise of God manifest in their lives. Now I know that Jesus has purchased so much for us on the cross and when He rose from the grave, but I also think that we can learn from the Israelites. They had to look past the fact that giants and enemies were everywhere, and trust in the word from heaven that they owned the land and God would help them get it.

Same goes for me. When I face difficulty (a giant), by the grace of God, I need to keep focused on the fact of what God has promised to me in His Word and be persistent in believing that truth until I see it become a reality in my life.

Joshua was the one who led the Israelites through these battles and before heading into the land, God tells Joshua over and over again in Joshua chapter 1, be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you may go.

God is with me and Erik (and you!) and no matter what difficulty we face on this earth, somehow God has given us a way to fight the fight of faith and see those giants disappear. I don't know how that always looks in the natural sense, but the grace and favor of God is there to help me figure it out.

May His grace be evident in helping you today. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment