Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

today's top 5 (6/1)

Halfway through 2011. Wow! As is seemingly quoted all the time... "Time flies!"

Here are today's top 5 things I'm grateful for...

1. Family. They provide joy in every week and are always ready for an adventure or a good belly laugh. Last weekend, Erik and I got to be with his family. This weekend we're going to be with my family. Yay!

2. Family, part 2. I have to give a shout out to my cousins (I think they are actually second cousins, but cousins is so much easier to say!) who have been a huge blessing to us. They watch our dog when we are gone and we get to watch their dog when they are gone. Tucker loves this because he has a playmate whenever we are away and I love it because it tires out Tucker. After his "playdate" with the other dog, Tuck's wiped out and sleeping around the house for at least a day and a half.

3. Camping. We just went camping this past weekend, and there's something about making a home in the middle of the nature that I truly enjoy. We did get rained on and dealt with some wind, but that's okay. I love the feeling of crawling inside my tent and laying on my sleeping bag and air pad while listening to the wind swoosh by me and the rain patter on top of the tent, all while none of it touches me. Somehow that tent is what I want my life to be like. I want to hear the rain and wind in life when it is stormy out, but know that it can't touch me because I'm safe in the shelter my God provides me (Psalm 91).

4. Pudgy pies. Camping story... my hubby's family introduced me to "pudgy pies." You have these... wait. Here's a picture...
  

You butter the pie iron and then put a piece of bread down and then fill it with pie filling or pizza sauce/pepperoni/cheese or whatever you want. You put another piece of bread on top and clamp down. Give the dog the corners of the bread that don't fit and then put it in the fire until warm. Very nummy and a fun camping treat. 

5. Christian music. This helps me keep my focus on God amidst the clamoring of everything else in the world. 

Happy Wednesday! Hope you had a good Memorial Day weekend. Thank you to my family and friends who have served in the military. I am grateful and awed by your dedication to God and our country. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment