Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

the seeming contradiction of Christianity

You know I think one of the biggest contradictions I face now is the contradiction of the fact I know God wants me to be blessed and prosperous on this earth... and the fact that I've lost two loved ones at way too early of an age. Plus I see lots of family members and friends struggling with health or finances... yet I know God wants to bless each and every one of His children.

I think it's a contradiction that our mental capacities will never be able to comprehend.

God can bring help and hope and some answers to comfort, but as Paul said, we see in a glass dimly on this earth. We can't see the real picture, and we won't until heaven. We have no idea how many "wheels are turning" or pieces are in play right now in addition to our lives. Plus, we're not God. We don't know what's best. The only thing we can imagine is that trials can't be best because they hurt.

But what if we are wrong and we will face some type of trials here on earth because we live in a fallen world and something like this song is true...



What if we learn best in difficulty what God has been trying to show us all along?  Perhaps it's God's best that we don't learn it through difficulty, but we're too stubborn or distracted during the good times to listen.

I don't know, but it's something I'm pondering today. I know God doesn't bring adversity and during adversity, we do everything we know to do. Sometimes, though, things happen that we don't understand and/or are out of our control, and that's what I'm talking about here. I know I've done other blog posts along this line... it's 'cuz I'm processing. :-)

P.S. I still fully believe that God wants us to live blessed lives here on earth. That thought will not change.

No comments:

Post a Comment