Saturday, November 14, 2009

a laughable moment

So picture this. Erik is cutting up a bunch of bloody deer meat in the garage with a friend. The two of them are going in and out of the house as they get set up... but Tucker is left inside with me, while I catch up on some work.

Where do you think Tuck wants to be?

The first couple hours of them working in the garage weren't so bad. Tuck whined every once in a while, but slept for a good chunk of that time. But then he saw Erik's friend come in and go back out. That reminded Tucker he's missing out. So he went over to the door, sat down with his head facing where the door opens and whined, making a more ruckus than he previously had.

Once I had caught up on my work, it was 10:30 p.m. I took Tuck outside on a walk to do his business, and after coming back in, realizing I was super, super tired. I thought, "What's the point of staying up if I really should be sleeping?" (I knew Erik would be up for another few hours finishing his project.)

So I told Erik I was heading to bed. At first I put Tucker in his cage downstairs, but while I got ready for bed, he was whimpering and whining, pretty much because he knew Erik and I were both around, but he wasn't with us. Not cool for him. I thought to myself, "If I put him in his kennel upstairs, he'd at least be by one of us, and the complete darkness should tell him, hey, it's time for bed!" So I did that.

But Tucker didn't think it as cool as I did. He started whimpering and whining... not the full blown whining, just the "ohhh, really? I don't want to be here." I thought, perhaps he didn't get enough water, and was kind enough to bring him some water while in his kennel - but he didn't budge. So I went back to bed with Tuck in his kennel, and he whimpered probably every two to three minutes.

I decided to wear earplugs.

Two hours later, I wake up to Tucker making a LOT more noise. He was whimpering, yelping, pretty much saying, are you serious? Get me out of here right now! I yelled at him to be quiet, but nothing stopped him.

I was seriously annoyed...

So I went and opened his cage to see what he'd do while I went to the bathroom... my goodness, he put up such a fuss because the door was shut and he couldn't leave our bedroom!

The annoyance was building... especially since it was the middle of the night and I was trying to sleep!!!

So I opened the door and he dashed downstairs, right to Erik who was inside cleaning up the mud room. I came down, rather grumpy, and told my side of the story. Erik laughed pretty hard... and then said, yeah, once I came inside, I heard Tucker's barking increase. He knew I was down here.

At that point, I was like, are you serious? And let the dog stay with Erik while I went back up to bed.

I woke up one more time when Erik and Tuck came up to bed, and then finally I got a good night's rest. :)

Happy Saturday! Hope that brings a smile to your face!!

No comments:

Post a Comment