Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

loving this Scripture right now

So last night I had a "the-Bible-falls-open-to-an-awesome-Scripture" moment. It opened to Lamentations chapter 3. Now I don't remember all the details about this book, except that it is about Jeremiah and he's lamenting stuff that's happened.

Read through the beginning of chapter 3 and you'll see this is some serious lamenting! He feels like the Lord has "buried me in a dark place, like those long dead..." (verse 6).

But despite feeling like the Lord has done all this to Him, all of that leads to this:

  20 I will never forget this awful time,
      as I grieve over my loss.
 21 Yet I still dare to hope
      when I remember this:
 22 The faithful love of the Lord never ends!
      His mercies never cease.
 23 Great is his faithfulness;
      his mercies begin afresh each morning.
 24 I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance;
      therefore, I will hope in him!”
 25 The Lord is good to those who depend on him,
      to those who search for him.
 26 So it is good to wait quietly
      for salvation from the Lord.

Good stuff. I see this same thing throughout the Psalms... major venting about the Lord and then: "But, I will praise Him anyway--no matter what I feel--because He is good, and really does love me. He will answer His children."

It is nice to see those emotions in godly people in the Word. It shows me how to handle frustration and similar feelings if/when they come.

That's what I'm thinking about today. :-) Happy Friday to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment