Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

beauty out of rain

You know, this day reminds me of what I believe my life will look like within the next few years. It started off really rainy and wet. I had even dried my hair before leaving to make sure I didn't freeze from wet hair... only to remember I had to still walk the dog in pouring rain! I'm thankful for umbrellas. :-) By the end of the day, the sun was shining and although it was super windy, it turned out to be nice outside. Tuck and I enjoyed a nice walk this afternoon.

I'm still grieving Brody a lot. I thought it would be a little easier after the "I was supposed to be pregnant right now" time period was over, but it's been a little harder because I see babies and think - even subconsciously it seems - that I should have my own right now. (I do--he's just in heaven.)

And I'm not saying all that to get sympathy or anything. Overall, I think I'm doing fine. I'm just going through the grieving process... and all that to say, there's been a lot of rain pouring in my life. And I've gotten wet (even with the Lord's umbrella of grace over my head - I'm getting wet from walking in the puddles!)... but the sun will--and is!--coming out to shine in my life.

I think that's the way it should happen. Grief is like the rain. You get messy when it rains. Rain leaves an impact. But the sun will come again and shine in your life making beauty out of the rain.

3 comments:

  1. not to mention that rain makes things (us) grow.
    wonderful blog laura. thank you for sharing. your family is always in my prayers.

    Allison Larson

    Romans 5:3
    We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had been meaning to email you this but life just got in the way....ALL month God has been reminding me to pray for you and I kept thinking Brody was either due in April or May and that must be why I've been thinking of you.

    I think it's great that you can see that beauty will come from this because that is something that was really hard for me. How in the world is there going to be something beautiful from my son going to heaven? I struggled for a long time with that!

    I would love to still get together sometime & chat!

    ReplyDelete