1. Sleeping boys. Erik, Tucker, and I had a wonderful weekend away with family for the 4th of July. We came back midday yesterday. Erik and Tucker both slept for 5 hours while I worked. I loved the feeling of tip-toeing around the house because I had my two sleeping boys I didn't want to disturb. So glad they got their sleep!
2. Tucker. I watch him and realize how perfect it was to have him come into our life right when He did. Erik and I married in March 2009 and I had told Erik we could get a puppy for Christmas 2009. Within a month of being married, we heard about a litter of puppies a friend of the family was giving away (aka FREE!). It kinda intimidated me to get one so soon into marriage since it was my first pet, but since Erik grew up with English springers and he wanted a lab, I figured a free lab/springer mix was a perfect combination! More than anything, I had a peace from God about it. Tuck was born early April 2009 and we picked him up at 7 weeks or so on Memorial Day weekend.
The reason the timing has been so perfect is that he's been our joy through all the difficulty we have faced since that day (plus we could train him as a puppy during the spring, not the winter!). I can't imagine going through any of the difficulties we've been through without our floppy eared dog by our side, always coming to comfort us or having a goofy look on his face right when we needed it.
God is good. :-)
3. God's leading. Right when I need it the most, God shows up and reminds me that He's by my side, I'm on the right track, and as I keep following Him, He will take care of me. I'm so grateful. I can confidently follow Psalm 55:22, "Cast your burden on the Lord [releasing the weight of it] and He will sustain you; He will never allow the [consistently] righteous to be moved (made to slip, fall, or fail)." It's not always easy, but I know I can do it and God reassures me right when I need Him that He is trustworthy.
4. Nature. We live in a beautiful world that screams the goodness of God. Such a blessing to take time to be surrounded by lakes, trees, mountains, flies (okay, not flies! They are annoying!).... Always a reminder to me that there is peace in this world and we find it in God, our Creator.
5. Good food. I waited for a week before making this recipe last night from my Food Network magazine. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/grilled-lasagna-recipe/index.html. Super good! I love the fresh take on lasagna. If you like Italian, you'll love this. It makes four individual lasagna servings.
All for now! Hope you had a great 4th of July!