Pages

Monday, February 25, 2019

a new look at Psalm 91

I grew up listening to Psalm 91 in the KJV ... so it's fun that the new Bible translation the Passion translation has come out and provides a new perspectivej!

Now, I understand that the Passion translation is more of a paragraph translation and presenting the ideas of Scripture, as the Message Bible does, rather than a literal word to word translation. With this in mind, I don't read the Passion to get theological correctness as much as a different look at what the Scripture is talking about.

Listen to Psalm 91:1-2 in the KJV

"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust."

I love that... and then look at how the Passion can add to the understanding of this verse.

"When you sit enthroned under the shadow of Shaddai, you are hidden in the strength of God Most High. He’s the hope that holds me and the Stronghold to shelter me, the only God for me, and my great confidence."

So good!

The key to God being your hope and staying hidden in the strength of God is sitting under God's shadow. I think that means taking time to be with Him and working on your relationship with Him. You're hidden there because people won't necessarily see you spending time investing in your relationship with Him. They can see the results of your life though! And we glorify God when He becomes our strength and shelter!


No comments:

Post a Comment