Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2019

five things to be thankful for!

What are you thankful for today? 

It's Sunday! So here are five things I'm thankful for. 

1. Toys - yes, these get overwhelming, and we don't always have a place for them and/or they end up in the middle of the floor, but I am grateful for fun toys that the kids can enjoy time and again. I'm always looking for new ways to organize!! 

2. Fun desserts! For homeschool, we are trying foods from different countries. Last night we tried pavlova. It is a meringue with whipped cream and fruit on top. A nice light dessert. A little over a cup of sugar and eggs, so it's not super bad for you. I think there are keto/sugar-free versions as well! 

3. Snow! Yes, I said it. Snow. It's been record-breaking amounts of snow this year, but it's been a long time since we have gotten this much snow, and looking on the bright side, I kinda like it. Glad the kids are getting a good dose of snow and all that can be done with tons of snow. It's better than brown grass and boring landscapes when it is wintry and cold but not snowy. I like to have a reason for the coldness! 

4. YouTube - From how-to videos to kids songs, I do appreciate the wealth of videos you can get online! 

5. Speaking of... Numberblocks! These are a UK show that has clips on YouTube. It's a video about numbers and a great way for kiddos to learn about numbers, how to subtract, multiply, and add. I'm grateful for it because the kids have learned a lot about math already without much teaching from me. They are learning from the videos! I can just add to what they have already learned or explain it a little more fully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment