Pages

Friday, March 1, 2019

"And I command you today: Love God, your God. Walk in his ways. Keep his commandments, regulations, and rules so that you will live, really live, live exuberantly, blessed by God, your God, in the land you are about to enter and possess." -Deuteronomy 30:16 Msg.

Christianity is about a relationship... that can sound like a cheesy overused phrase if we're not careful. But it's a good description. God wants to be in a relationship with us where we talk and He listens and then He talks and we listen. He is a friend who sticks closer than a brother and provides the support we need. On the other hand, we can support Him through prayer and worship. He certainly doesn't "need" us like we need Him, but He is pleased when we follow His ways.

So that's how I look at it: God is my friend. He is an awesome Being in authority, Creator of the world, but I can love Him and talk to Him as my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment