Pages

Friday, March 8, 2019

when life is hard

"Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God." -Psalm 42:5

Read through the Bible and you'll find that life was both hard and hard to understand for many, including David. How he handled it is a good example for us. He'd talk about his troubles, and then he would encourage himself in the Lord and remind himself that his hope belonged in God.

I like that there are two things Paul did in Psalm 42:5. First, he put his hope in God. To me, this means he deliberately moved his thoughts to hope. He chose to think about God's goodness and the possibilities that He provides, rather than the problems he faced.

Secondly, David praised Him. He lifted Him up in his own mind and imagination. He let praise remind Him of His power and glory.

So if you're stuck in a difficult time today, don't get stuck in the land of questions. Put your hope in God and praise him. He is your Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment