Pages

Monday, March 25, 2019

God helps in daily life

There’s more: God’s Word warns us of danger
    and directs us to hidden treasure.
Otherwise how will we find our way?
    Or know when we play the fool?
Clean the slate, God, so we can start the day fresh!
    Keep me from stupid sins,
    from thinking I can take over your work;
Then I can start this day sun-washed,
    scrubbed clean of the grime of sin.
These are the words in my mouth;
    these are what I chew on and pray.
Accept them when I place them
    on the morning altar,
O God, my Altar-Rock,
    God, Priest-of-My-Altar.

Psalm 19:11-14 Msg.



I was just listening to a retelling of the story of Abraham, Sarah, and Hagar, and this phrase describes what they did perfectly as well as what we often do: "Keep me from stupid sins, from thinking I can take over your work;"

Sarah thought she could help God finish His plans by having Abraham hook up with her slave Hagar. But the promise was for Sarah & Abraham, not Hagar.

When God has a promise for you, wait for Him to fulfill. Be obedient and patient in the process, and He will fulfill it for you - not your attempt at a plan, but His fulfillment of your plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment