Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

why we should avoid sin

Joel 2 (Msg.) says, "Change your life, not just your clothes. Come back to God, your God. And here's why: God is kind and merciful. He takes a keep breath, puts up with a lot, This most patient God, extravagant in love, always ready to cancel catastrophe."

God's patience amazes me. Right about that time I get super frustrated with someone else, I remember, God is patient with me as I struggle to change. Why can't I be patient with them? It's a fascinating topic... and one we probably will never be able to wrap our heads around. We are prone to point fingers and blame, but God wants us to learn from His patience and give people the time they need to change.

Change takes time for all of us... just keep going. Keep coming back to God. Keep moving toward personal change... and if you mess up, start again, for God is patient with us. He doesn't control us and He doesn't hold a whip over our heads ready to punish when we do wrong. He's patient and kind and so eager for us to change, not to lord it over us, but because He knows how much of a blessing it will be when we do change.

No comments:

Post a Comment