Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

take your choices to the streets!

Hebrews 13:16 talks about doing good to others. There's something in particular from the Message translation that stands out to me.

"God takes particular pleasure in acts of worship - a different kind of 'sacrifice' - that takes place in kitchen and workplace and on the streets."

God doesn't want our Christianity to be stuck in our homes or in our heads. He wants us to live it out in our daily lives. He wants us to choose wisely and choose kindness and love in our relationships. The best way to do this is to be aware that He is with us throughout each day. He can help us center on His kindness and grace and ability to choose love, even in difficult times.

And we don't have to do this on our own. As my son just reminded me when he saw the word "grace"...

This is amazing grace
This is unfailing love
That you would take our place
That you would bear our cross.
You lay down Your life
That I would be set free
Oh, Jesus, I sing for
All that You've done for me

(This Is Amazing Grace by Phil Wickham)

No comments:

Post a Comment