Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2019

a birthday party success!

Good morning!

Well, today I wore myself out! I had a work deadline (that I actually have to finish today) and just had birthday party day, and I'm tuckered!

The party day was just perfect. The morning was filled with cleaning and the afternoon with food and family and friends and fun.

Well worth the effort. I agonized over making sure it was perfect and the right people were there, and they absolutely were. I loved every person who came and exactly what happened. It was a Lego party with a cake and a few Lego challenges.

Well worth the effort. I knew it would be... I also knew I worried endlessly for not much reason. Funny how that is... I knew I shouldn't worry and I should pray more before the party, but I just was in cleaning mode and thinking, I'll get through it! It was like I was set on just doing things my way, even though I could have prayed more and let go of worry more and enjoyed the prep a little more if I had trusted God.

Well, it's an area to work on, that's for sure... learning to trust God and leave worry behind, even when I don't want to!

Happy day to you! I will be resting up today after a big push of "things to do!" How about you?

this was lego art from the party people in front and a "fire seven (station)
on the left and a five with a pool on the right, made by the boys.

Our annual picture almost got missed - that's why Brielle has on the boys old jammies
I like to let her wear and she randomly saw her favorite summer dress she had to wear on top! We were all also tired because it was the end of the day!

Birthday boys and their lego cake!

A better view of the cake... the boys helped make it! Very pleased with how much they could do. Two sheet cakes (one choc and one vanilla) mixed and matched into Lego blocks that we decided on as we went! Erik did the best buttercream work. You can't see his yellow brick - it's on the other side of the cake, but he did yellow and blue and I did red and green, which the green included an "accident" with the powdered sugar getting all over it!!.

No comments:

Post a Comment