Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

creative is good

So yesterday, we got back to math class after a weekend away... and what better way than with popcorn!



This is one reason I love homeschooling right now: you can be creative in how you learn. This is something we have done before - taking food and using it for subtraction and addition. In the past it has been fruit snacks or Skittles and M&Ms from Halloween, so this was our most ambitious project yet. 

The project evolved as we ate the popcorn. Eventually we had two hundred pieces out and talked about what would happen when we subtract. Of course, all the pieces were eventually subtracted away from the whole! B had mentioned last week he wasn't as comfortable with subtracting, so that has become our focus over the next however long period of time. This was a great way to practice subtraction and you could see their little brains working to understand the concepts. Sometimes they took the long way to realize something; sometimes they surprised me at how quickly they got the answer. 

Creativity comes from God. He works creatively to get us answers and help us understand what to do. I like how creative He is in helping us move forward in life. He knows sometimes that He has to tell us how to do things or what to do, over and over before we will actually do them. 

I'm very grateful that He is kind and patient in helping us follow Him. Sometimes I think he starts telling us super early what we should do so we finally respond to Him in time! The goal is to get more responsive and quicker in responding. Some days I think I do respond quicker, but then every once in a while, it takes me forever to respond. 

So today, listen in and respond. God is creatively working to help you follow Him!

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me." -John 10:27 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment