Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Happy 2019!

So I actually have a word for the New Year!

Progress.

I've never been one much for goals, but after hearing about "words for the year" on multiple podcasts, this year, I thought of one. I just want to make progress toward the things I'd like to add/take away in my life. I know I won't be perfect, but I can make progress!

Do you have a word for 2019?

P.S. My brother Brian would have been 40 today. 40! I remember when my parents turned 40 and it was such a big deal to be "over the hill" and we gave them gag gifts and all that for their birthday, and now I'm in denial I'm getting closer to that age - and my friends are too! Crazy.

Whatever your plan for the New Year, may it also include growing closer to God. A relationship with Him is the best.

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of progress instead of goals. If you don't achieve a goal you feel like you've failed, whereas if your"goal" is to make progress you are much more likely to succeed! Yes, it is hard to believe Brian would have been 40. I thought I was an old lady at 40...now that sounds young to me at 59! Don't be in denial that you are aging. Think of it as "progress" towards the wisdom that comes with age which I wouldn't trade for my youth again if I could!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that! Progress toward wisdom that comes with age. :)

    ReplyDelete