Pages

Friday, January 4, 2019

thankful today

Happy Friday!

Today, I am thankful for my kids and being able to work from home. I am also thankful for a fresh start and tools to help me keep track of what I want to change in my life.

One tool I have begun to use this year is a non-techy weekly planner. I've tried them before, but maybe, just maybe, this year it will stick! I'm finding it's helpful to have a place to write everything down rather than trying to keep it all in my brain or on a electronic document.

What are you doing different in the New Year?

In the past, the New Year wasn't as important to me... but in the recent past, I will admit, I have been either pregnant or had a young baby in the house who kept me up at night. My mode more resembled survival mode. They were wonderful years and I wouldn't trade them. I am grateful that I am slowly but surely moving past that and the kids are growing up and I can move out of survival mode into progress.

Every season we live through has blessings. Our job is to find the blessings and celebrate them. Recognize that the difficulty we face won't last forever!

My kids are now 4, 6, and 1. Next week they will be 5, 7, and 1! It's a family birthday month! Already looking forward to next week's birthday celebration, but more importantly, enjoying spending today with them today.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing, Laura! All three of your posts this year have totally spoken to and encouraged me! Happy New Year!!
    Blessings, Joni Lindenfelser

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! It's been nice to start my day writing down my thoughts. I'm glad it has encouraged you. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete