Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

why friends are important

Last night I read this verse:

"Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble." -Ecc. 4:9-10

You know what fascinated me is that they added that last sentence. Someone who falls alone is in real trouble. That's something I think we all know, but it was put in there specifically. Why? Two ideas:

1. So we would remember we shouldn't be alone or stay alone.

Having people to help and surround us in every season of life is important. Whether you are single or married, you can be alone... so you have to be purposeful in letting people in. When you purposefully let people in, you give them the opportunity to help you when you fall down. They can help you get back up again so you don't have to do so on your own.

2. So we stand ready to help other people when they need our help.

Last night I had a random dream about someone I haven't seen in forever. Usually I let myself just wonder about that person, but today I prayed. I used the memories to pray for that person and make sure I did my part to help them, just in case my prayers were the hand up that they needed. In the same way, when you have the opportunity to talk to a friend, encourage them, or just be there when they need help, do it! We need each other!


No comments:

Post a Comment