Pages

Monday, January 21, 2019

dishwasher problems and difficulty

So we have had dishwasher problems. On Saturday, we decided it was time for a new dishwasher. I was fed up with having loads of dishes come out dirty.

We decided on a scratch and dent store so we could get more for our money.

We purchased one, brought it home, found that the kick plate wasn't correct, plugged it in, found out it didn't work.

All that work... and no results!

Oh and did I mention I decided to have a fun homeschool meal that night where we made a bunch of homemade recipes from Germany, since we are studying German things this month. We cut off the hot water to the house because Erik didn't find the valve until yesterday that shut it off just to the dishwasher. So that means I made a "fancy" dinner without water while they installed the dishwasher that didn't work. Plus, I have all the dirty dishes that the dishwasher didn't wash, plus the new dishes from dinner.

So yesterday, we called and brought the not working dishwasher down and exchanged it for a different one. Erik installed that last night... almost. It's in our kitchen now, waiting for him to redo the pipe because we accidentally chose a dishwasher that has its water tube (or something) on the unusual side, so our copper tubing in our house needs to become flexible tubing today so we can finish installing the dishwasher and actually start cleaning up our crazy dirty kitchen.

Through this, I was thinking about adversity and difficulty and what we should do during it. I think God wants us to find Him in it... that means when we are frustrated we don't get cranky, annoyed mad, although I'm sure both Erik and I did this weekend because it was a very frustrating timeline of events! But I did have a few times where I really did try to be kind, instead of letting all my frustration out.

Difficulty is our chance to practice patience and endurance. We can show kindness, even when we are frustrated with the way things our going. Yesterday, I was laughing while at the store because there's not much else you can do that would be productive. This too shall pass and I shall get my kitchen back to normal again, with hopefully a much better dishwasher in place.

Hopefully, today will be the day. Even if it isn't, I will do my best to choose to be nice and kind in the middle of frustration.

John 15 tells us to remain in the vine. The vine provides our nutrition and our life. That's my goal! Stay in God and let Him help me keep sane in the middle of crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment