Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2019

today's celebration!

Well, today is party day! I think the boys think this is the day they realllly turn 5 and 7 because it's their party day! Funny how little brains work! (Yesterday was their birthday!)

They are such fun. I am so grateful to have them in my life! We had a low key day yesterday, making a lego cake for their birthday today and a birthday dinner at Red Robin last night. (I highly recommend them for bday dinners, if you have signed up for their rewards club!)

This morning, I was up before light. I placed my phone down with the flashlight facing toward the ceiling and walked away. When I walked back, it fascinated me how much that single light illuminated the darkness. It reminded me of the truth that God is light and we are the light of the world.

Now when we get to heaven, God is the light. There is no shadow, no need for other light, so everything is exposed. Here on earth, however, there are shadows, probably because God's light extends through us.

Our light doesn't show things perfectly. I wonder if that's one reason why people stumble: light isn't yet fully shed in their lives. We need grace to move closer to the light. That helps us see better and for the right things to be exposed so we don't hurt ourselves.



“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." -Matthew 5:14-16 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment