Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2019

knowing God

I have a new goal.

During this next season of life, focus on learning more about God. Drawing closer to Him in my mind and soul and spirit. Letting myself bring a little of heaven on earth by getting to know my Creator. I know a lot about Him, but I want to spend more time with Him.

Here's how:

"Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth." -Psalm 46:10 KJV

Stillness doesn't come just by being physically quiet, but by quieting your mind and soul. That comes as you simplify your life.

Okay, I can't take credit for this thought. Pastor Mac just started a series on it and started talking about it (http://www.lwcc.org/watch/the-simple-life-i/). With Brielle becoming more and more independent, the time is perfect. I can learn how to simplify and get to know God more...and bring my family with me.

Dear Lord, thank you for giving me life and this beautiful family. Help me to get to know You well and find You in the middle of a busy family and life. Help me to simplify and become still so I can hear and know you more. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment