Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2019

when I'm tired

So last night's sleep reminded me of a lot of sleeps when the kiddos were babies... interrupted! And let me tell you, I am very glad that I'm generally past that stage of getting up with them. I definitely do better with sleep than without.

Last night I did get woken up a few times, and as a result, it's taken a bit longer to wake up this morning. I'm not a coffee person, so I don't turn to that; I'm more a midday nap person (or mid-morning nap person!!).

But here's what I rely on when I feel tired:

The Lord is my strength and my shield.
He has become my salvation.
The Lord is the stronghold of my life.
Of whom shall I be afraid?

To be honest, I think it's a combo of a few different verses in Psalms, but what's important to me is that God is by my side. Psalms is filled with descriptions of what God can be to us, and I use them when I remember! He is my strength. He fills me with what I need. He shields me. He is my shepherd. He is all I need.

I am far from perfect in relying on Him, but I do my best! And it definitely helps when I feel like I need a nap asap, but can't get it quite yet.

So today, I hope that helps you remember that the Lord can be much to you. He is your help and strength in everything you face!

No comments:

Post a Comment