Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2019

yes vs. no

Every day we say yes to something. Every yes includes a no to other things in our lives. 

This morning was an earlier morning than I usually want it to be, but I must have slept okay because I decided to say yes to waking up and staying up. As a result, I said no to sleeping any further and probably a solid yes to a nap later today!

My goal every day is to make sure I say yes to God, my hubby, and my kids. I can't give them everything they want when they want it (talking here about hubby and kids) because of daily tasks and such that need to be done, but I can make sure I say yes to each one of them at multiple points throughout the day... while saying yes to a good attitude as I respond to them.

James 4 says: 

"So let God work his will in you. Yell a loud no to the Devil and watch him scamper. Say a quiet yes to God and he’ll be there in no time."

I like that description. Sometimes we have to be loud in our no to what we want but shouldn't do... aka a bad attitude or poor choices. Instead we need to say a quiet yes to God and turn our hearts to Him and acknowledge that He is with us. 

Hope your day is filled with that quiet turning of your heart to the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment